Pig PDF Amigurumi Crochet Pattern
Crochet Pig Pattern
You can make this lovely crochet pig, including the owl backpack, with this easy to use amigurumi pattern. In this pattern you will find many pictures and detailed explanations. The pattern is easy to read and suitable for beginners, but it assumes basic knowledge of crochet techniques.
You can get this crochet pattern in:
You will automatically be able to download all language versions after purchase.
The tall pig in the picture is made with:
- 90g of pink Stylecraft Special DK in 1130 Candyfloss
- 10g of light brown Stylecraft Special DK in 1710 Stone
- 20g of dark brown Stylecraft Special DK in 1709 Gold
- One pair of 6 mm safety eyes
- One small thread of dark pink embroidery yarn
- About 130g polyester stuffing
- One 2.75 (size C) crochet hook
- One thin sewing needle
If you use these materials the amigurumi will be 25 cm tall (about 9.8 inches). However, you can make the pattern with any type and weight of yarn (just be sure to adjust the hook size to the yarn you are using). The materials mentioned above are simply a recommendation in case you would like to make the exact same amigurumi. There is no limit to your creativity!
You’ll use the following stitches:
- Regular stitch
- Decrease stitch
- Increase stitch
- Slip stitch
You’ll use the following crochet techniques:
- Crocheting in rounds
- Starting with a magic circle
- Crocheting in ovals
- Crocheting in back and front loops only
- Making a chain
- Crocheting two rounds into one
Unfamiliar with any of these amigurumi techniques? Don’t worry, you can find many tutorials online. I recommend starting with Planet June’s blog. You can also find tips and tricks on our amigurumi blog. Still stuck while working on this pattern? You can always send me a message with your question.
Looking for the mini pig amigurumi crochet pattern? You can find it here.
Thank you for watching and happy crocheting!